11930 Cyrus Way
Mukilteo, WA 98275
Subscribe To Our Site
/ Planning & Community Development / Permit Division / Parking Programs
The City of Mukilteo has several parking programs throughout the City.Please contact us if you have any questions about any of the programs. Parking@ci.mukilteo.wa.us or (425)263-8000.
Old Town Parking Zones
NEW! Paid Parking Zone C - Lighthouse Park and Streets North of the Railroad Tracks as of June 1, 2015
In places where parking is limited and at a premium, a paid parking program is a common tool used to encourage parking space turn over and to pay for the services needed to maintain parks and streets.
- The paid parking zone only applies to areas north of the railroad tracks.
- The new Downtown Paid Parking Program will charge an hourly rate for parking at Lighthouse Park, and on Front Street, Park Avenue, and on First Street.
- Resident park passes are available, exempting residents from paying the hourly charge at Lighthouse Park. Passes are available at City Hall and Rosehill Community Center free of charge.
- The revenue from the program will be used to pay for parking enforcement costs and Lighthouse Park maintenance and operations, with any additional revenue used to fund pedestrian improvements, implementation of the Downtown Waterfront Master Plan and/or for a multi-use parking garage.
A $2.00/hour fee will be charged in Lighthouse Park during park hours. For Front Street, Park Avenue and 1st Street, paid parking hours are 8:00 am - 8:00 pm.
Resident Parking Pass
Resident parking passes for Lighthouse Park and the Downtown Paid Parking District are now available at City Hall, 11930 Cyrus Way or Rosehill Community Center, 304 Lincoln Ave.
Each dwelling unit within City limits is eligible for 1 Resident Parking Pass with two vehicles listed that are registered to and under the legal control of the resident.
Complete the attached Application and submit to City Hall or Rosehill Community Center with proof of residency. Proof of residency is a driver's license or vehicle registration showing a Mukilteo address, or a secondary form of identification demonstrating that you are a resident of the City of Mukilteo.
If you have any questions contact Shawna Gossett at 425-263-8060 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Residential Zone Parking Permits
Mukilteo Municipal Code provides for the creation of residential parking permit zones (MMC 10.08.090). Permits in these zones are available only to residents living in the zone and not to businesses. Four such zones have been established. Click on the following links for a map of each zone:
Zone A permits exempt vehicles from the "No Parking 2:30-4:30 a.m." parking restriction. Residents of Zone A may obtain permits permanently assigned to 2 vehicles and 1 guest permit.
- Zone A - single family residential areas north of 5th street on both sides of SR525
- Zone B - Downtown Business District
- Whidbey Lane - across the street from Kamiak High School (107th & 108th Streets SW., 52nd and 53rd Ave. W.)
- Westridge - single family residences on Westridge Drive and Vista Drive
Zone B permits exempt vehicles from both the "No Parking 2:30-4:30 a.m." and "4-hour Parking" restrictions. Residents of Zone B may obtain 1 permit permanently assigned to a vehicle and 1 guest permit.
The Whidbey Lane residential parking permit is for residents whose houses front on streets with the "No Parking 7:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m." restriction. The permit would exempt vehicles from that restriction. Residents may obtain a maximum of 4 permanent parking permits plus 2 guest permits.
The Westridge residential parking permit is for residents whose houses front or access the streets with the "No Parking 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m." restriction. The permit exempts vehicles from that restriction. Residents may obtain a maximum of 4 permanent parking permits plus 2 guest permits.
There is no fee for residential parking permits. Applications for parking permits can be downloaded here or picked up at City Hall during normal business hours. To obtain a residential parking permit supporting documentation is required to prove residency at the address. All permits require proof of vehicle ownership. Completed applications and supporting documentation may be mailed to City Hall, 11930 Cyrus Way, Mukilteo, WA 9827 or delivered in person during normal business hours.
Use the following links to download the appropriate application.
Employee Parking Permits
Mukilteo Municipal Code provides for the creation of employee parking permit zones (MMC 10.08.095). One employee parking permit zone has been established in the Downtown Business District and Waterfront Mixed Use District. Businesses in these two zoning districts are eligible to obtain parking permits for their employees. Vehicles with the permits are exempt from the 4-hour parking limit. However, the permits can only be used at specified locations. Open this map to see where those locations are.
Some of the basic regulations for employee parking permits are:
There is no fee for employee parking permits. Only business owners, not individual employees, are eligible to apply for employee parking permits. Click here for an application.
- Business must have an active Mukilteo business license
- Permits are issued to the employer who is responsible for distributing them to their employees
- Permits can only be used in employees' vehicles when they are working for the business
- A maximum of 20 permits may be issued to any single business
Commuter Parking Permits
At this time there are no commuter parking spaces available. If you wish to be on a waiting list, click here to email your name, phone number and email address. When a space is available an e-mail will go out to everyone on the list and the highest person on the list who responds to the email will be offered the space. If you have any questions call 425-263-8060.
The City of Mukilteo has a 100 space Commuter Parking Lot located next to Lighthouse Park. The lot is first come first served and permit holders park in any available space.
In addition to the commuter lot, the City has 9 spaces on 1st Street next to the Arts Building. These spaces are on a first come first served basis and permit holders can park overnight with parking permitted from 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 a.m. Overnight parking and exemption from the 4 hour parking is permitted on weekends.
There are also 8 spaces available at Rosehill Community Center. These are numbered spaces and permit holders have an assigned space
If You Have a Problem with Your Assigned Space/Area.
If your space is taken or you are unable to park in your space/area for any reason, you may park anywhere in Lighthouse Park (except boat launch parking).
The cost for a parking permit is $160.00 per month.
Availability changes frequently. If you are interested in a Parking Permit, please contact Shawna Gossett, Permit Services Supervisor at (425) 263-8060 or email@example.com. Click here for a copy of the Parking Agreement.
1. Payments are made though Autopay from your credit card or checking account. Click here for the authorization form.
2. The other payment alternative is to pay quarterly, bi-annually or annually by check or credit card. These payments can be made in person at City Hall - 11930 Cyrus Way, via the phone, call us with your credit card number.